For the Teacher
One Week Before Your Hour of Code
- Review the Hour of Code Educator Guide and Best Practices from Successful Educators in order to begin to plan your Hour of Code event.
- Register your Hour of Code event if you’d like to get classroom support, discounted posters, or participate in the robotics give-away (US only).
- Review and complete the online tutorial yourself: Dance Party
- Be sure to test it first before asking your students to complete it. Check your technology and decide if you need to troubleshoot anything in advance of your Hour of Code.
- Review the supplementary lesson plan, "The Big Dance Party" to determine whether or not you'd like to lead this lesson in advance of your Hour of Code.
One Day Before Your Hour of Code
- Each student who completes the activity should receive a certificate. Print one for everyone in advance to make this easier at the end of your Hour of Code.
- (optional) Encourage students to bring in headphones to use during the activity.